Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Drake and Kera have been talking about Halloween for a couple of months now. So to see today be almost over, it's kind of sad.

When Dane got home we started getting ready. I asked Kera if she wanted me to curl her hair. At first she said no, but I told her come on it will be fun. Boy did she love it! I sprayed SO MUCH hairspray in her hair. That girl's hair doesn't hold a curl at all! It was cute none the less. I also put make up on her again, and she loves that. Drake loves to watch his sister get make up and he kept touching her hair saying "ohhh pretty Kera!".

After we got them all decked out into their Halloween costumes, we went outside to take a few pictures. Then made the haul up and down numerous streets. There were a lot of people standing outside of their doors this year, I don't think Drake and Kera liked that too much. Once we got to homes that had closed doors they let go of our hands and ran to the door to knock. I think Drake won the most! He would pound on the door, then ring the doorbell, then pound a couple more times. I'm like Drake no, they are coming! They were both so good about saying "trick or treat" "thank you" and "Happy Halloween!". There were a couple of houses where the decorations were pretty scary. The first couple of houses Dane would say "Don't be scared they are just toys!". Ummmm, and I wonder why Kera is scared of her bedroom at night, and scared of her toys! I told him, "no they are decorations! Just like for Christmas we have Christmas trees, Halloween we have ghosts, and other scary decorations, but they are just pretend". I don't know really how to explain to the kids that they are just decorations and they shouldn't be afraid. Some of the houses though, are kind of spooky. Especially the chainsaw house! ::Sigh::.

We trick or treated for a long time. Then made our way back home and unloaded the MASSIVE amounts of candy! Good thing we brought an extra bag along to dump their buckets into once they were heavy!

They ended up with mostly chocolate, but this lady was handing out 7 up out of her car. She lived in a gated community so she parks her car in the street! She thought she ran out of drinks and gave Drake $1. She then found some more in her trunk and gave them two more drinks! Haha. She's a sweet lady, and had the best Halloween Holiday spirit. You can see that she loves the holiday, and loves seeing kids faces light up with smiles!

On our way home I told the kids, well that was it. That is the end of Halloween for this year. Next year you will be 4 and a 1/2! :( That makes me so sad to think about. It's bittersweet to think that the next year will be their last year to trick or treat before going off to school! Wahhhhh!!!!














2 comments:

  1. Wow! They both look fabulous! Kera is so photogenic...I love when you catch her with that kind of far away look in her eyes. We were twins this year...I was a witch, too...but Kera was definitely cuter! And Uncle Marv will love Drake's spider man...one of his favorite superheros.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie!! LOL I loved your costume!

    ReplyDelete